Founder, CRUSH !T Fitness
Cathy Serif, Author, Nutritionist, Fitness Coach, and Founder of CRUSH !T Fitness Programs, is a nationally recognized expert in fitness and nutrition. Serif has been a dedicated professional in the health and fitness industry for more than 38 years and is among the top in her field with certifications from the American College of Sports Medicine and the Natural Healing Institute of Naturopathy. Cathy is well known for her highly effective diet and exercise strategies and has been impacting lives and transforming bodies since 1980.
Cathy's tenacious spirit and creative appetite for business lead her to create a fitness boot camp model in 2005, the Balanced Training Boot Camp Experience, that challenged, changed, and inspired thousands of people in her community to adopt a healthy and fit life-style. In 2015 Cathy sold Balanced Training Boot Camp to assist in the grand opening and launch of Orangetheory Fitness in Palm Desert.
Cathy’s hobbies include creating healthy recipes, running, community involvement, running Ragnar Relays, watching Lifetime and Hallmark movies on a lazy Sunday afternoon and spending time with her friends and family. Cathy is the proud mother of two daughters, Jamie Alexandra and Angelica Rochelle and equally proud stepmother of Carlie Michelle and Bryan Andrew. She resides in Southern California with her husband Lawrence and her rescue dog Runner.
Accolades, Achievements, Certifications and Community Collaboration
- American College of Sports Medicine Certified Personal Fitness Trainer-Present
- Natural Healing Institute of Naturopathy Certified Clinical Nutritionist-Present
- RRCA certified Running Coach
- Author of the Desert Detox Diet; 30 Days to Realizing Your True Weight-Loss Potential-Present
- Legacy Ambassador with lululemon athletica Palm Desert 2016-present
- lululemon Palm Desert Run Club Leader 2010-present
- Two-term lululemon athletica ambassador 2012-2016
- Elite Level Ranking with IDEA, a recognition that represents the highest measures of achievement, best practices and business ethics in the personal fitness training industry.
- Creator of the Balanced Training Boot Camp Experience 2005-2015
- Voted as the number one experience in fitness by Desert Magazines Best of the Valley for her program Balanced Training Boot Camp. 2010-2015
- Voted as the number one experience in fitness for Balanced Training Boot Camp by Palm Springs Life Magazines “Best of the Best” Reader’s Choice Poll.
- Recognized by Palm Springs Life Magazine as one of the Coachella Valley's "101 Most Influential People" for her engagement in the community and her ability to inspire the Valley to fitness. 2007
- Previously held position as a Master Trainer in Indoor Cycling with LeMond Academy
- Health & Fitness Columnist and Feature Writer authoring more than 400 articles and feature stories for the Star Beacon in Ashtabula, Ohio and contributor to articles published in the Desert Magazine and Dune Magazine.
- Current and Previous Charity involvement with the Wounded Warrior Foundation, Desert Cancer Foundation, Catholic Charities, Soles for Souls, Humana Challenge & Desert Classic Charities and the Girlfriend Factor.
WHAT DO CLIENTS SAY?
KIND WORDS FROM MY LOVELY CLIENTS
"In January of 2015, I decided to take my health and fitness to the next level. I had spent three months at a local gym and had minimal results to show for my hard work and tireless efforts. So, I decided to look elsewhere for better expertise and more inspiration. I was introduced to Cathy and began training with her at Balanced Training Boot Camp and also started hitting the road with the lululemon run club at the same time. My fitness level, running strength and overall stamina greatly improved within the first few weeks of training. It’s been two years now since I first started training with Cathy and the run club. I can honestly say that I am a better, stronger and happier athlete than I thought I could ever be and that is largely in part to training with Cathy both on and off of the road. I think Cathy is an angel disguised as a personal fitness coach and I can’t thank her enough for inspiring me to the reach the level that I am at today."
"To say Cathy is a miracle worker might be overstating the truth but just barely. I first met Cathy and took my first class with her shortly after giving birth to twins. I was depressingly convinced that my pre-babies body was gone forever. I barely made it through the first class but I loved everything about the class and Cathy. She was encouraging without being aggressive and supportive without being demanding. Her positive attitude combined with her incredibly successful methods and regimens changed me and my body forever. In fact, my husband says I look my best right now!
Ten years later and I am still a devotee. The workouts and training are never the same, never boring, and never something that anyone cannot do. Whether you’re a runner, a jogger or a walker, regardless of whether you lift 30lbs and 50 sit ups or 5lbs and 10 sit ups, you will see changes in your body after training with Cathy. Her training and routines are always challenging but designed to be successful at every fitness level. My body can do things today it would never have dreamed of doing ten years ago. And my story and my success is just one of many. I don’t know anyone who has met Cathy and worked out with Cathy who was not inspired by her and her motivating spirit."
"It is impossible to ever be bored in Cathy’s classes and programs, and impossible to not see results. It is obvious to me that she spends countless hours creating fitness and training programs that ensure that her clients have an exceptional and effective work out. It’s not about “just losing weight” with Cathy; it is about strength and stamina and balance. And if you lose pounds along the way, well, that’s just an awesome bonus. I don’t know how she does it, but she manages to create programs that challenge the life-long clients and yet are completely doable for the first-time “exerciser.”
Cathy has the unique ability to see what her clients need before they see it for themselves. For me, the best aspect of Cathy’s training programs are the variety: weight training, plyometrics, hill runs, outdoor hikes, even some old fashioned jumping jacks, and so much more. Combining the amazing fitness regimens with her meal and nutrition plans are the perfect recipe for success. I am stronger, faster, and healthier than I ever dreamed I could be. And I actually love to work out – that is a another bonus not everyone who works out is able to enjoy.
Cathy is such an inspiration and such a positive motivator. Without being bossy or overbearing, Cathy inspires us to be healthy and strong and to love the body we were born with by treating it with respect."
- On-Site Training-
Monday: 5:00am & 8:30am
Wednesday: 5:00am & 8:30am
Friday: 5:00am & 8:30am